Who is on the Grace McWayne PTO Leadership Board?
- Grace McWayne PTO consists of a Leadership Board. The Leadership Board is made up of nine parent volunteers from our school that are elected by the Leadership Board (according to our by-laws) and have accepted the position.
- Positions on the board include President, Treasurer, Secretary, Vice President of Communications, Vice President of Special Fundraising, Vice President of General Fundraising, Vice President of School Support, Vice President of School Spirit, and Vice President of School Events and Programs.
- Our Leadership Board also has Teacher Representatives from the teaching staff at Grace McWayne who serve as a rep for the teachers in our organization.
- Lastly, the PTO is YOU!!!! As a parent of a child or children at Grace McWayne, you are automatically a member of the PTO. We hold monthly meetings OPEN to everyone in the PTO on the first Tuesday of every month during the regular school year.
What happens at PTO meetings?
- There is a planned agenda prepared by the President of the PTO. Agendas are available on the PTO website before each meeting.
- During the meeting, members of the PTO Leadership Board give their status of events and programs they may be in charge of as well as give feedback. Further, concerns may be discussed and solutions are worked out.
Leadership Board Members are also involved with goal setting, budget setting and strategic planning to further enhance our children’s educational experience at Grace McWayne.
- PTO members who are not on the Leadership Board and have comments, concerns, questions, or are just curious as to what we do at a meeting are encouraged to come to the next PTO meeting. We welcome EVERYONE who is in PTO to attend!!
How is PTO funded?
During this school year, the PTO income will be generated from the following sources:
- Winter Wonderland
- Box Tops
- Movie Night
- Restaurant Nights
- Fall and Spring Scholastic Book Fairs
- Fun Fair
- Walk-a-thon (bi-annual event)
- Trivia Night / Adult Night Out
- Grizzly Gear
Where do the funds go?
100% of Grace Mc Wayne’s PTO money raised goes directly towards financing events, programs and items that will support and serve our children and PTO families. Any excess revenue is put in our PTO bank account and earmarked according to our goals. We can supply anyone with a copy of our budget or answer any questions about our funding by contacting our PTO Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any PTO revenue finances a wide variety of programs, events, and items that enhance our children’s academic experience. Below are examples:
- School Assemblies
- Field Trips
- Teacher Funding for Classrooms
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Art Appreciation
- Library Resources and Books
- Improvement Projects
- Welcome Coffee
- Pancake Breakfast
- Volunteer Thank You (Ice Cream Social)
What can you do?
Grace McWayne welcomes and needs parent volunteers. The PTO helps to provide all the planning, parent volunteers, and funding for all of our programs and events. Whether you have a few minutes or can head a committee, it all helps. Here are some examples of how you can help:
- Chair a committee or be a part of a planning committee for an event.
- Art Appreciation Parent.
- Volunteer a shift at one of our PTO events: Fun Fair, Winter Wonderland, Outdoor Education, Volunteer Thank You (Ice Cream Social), Book Fair, Teacher Appreciation.
- Bake for an event.
- Make a donation to an event.
What is the first step?
We have a place for EVERY person who would like to volunteer at Grace McWayne for our PTO. If you are interested in finding out more information about volunteer opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks to everyone!!!!!