PTO BUDGET 2022-2023
FINANCIAL GUIDELINES 2021-2022
PTO Committee Budget Sheets
It is the committee chair’s responsibility to keep a running total of committee expenditures. This form can help simplify the process. Each time a reimbursement/payment request is authorized by the committee chair, the amount of the expenditure and the remaining budget total should be recorded on the form. Please note that the PTO Executive Board has the authority to deny reimbursement for over-budget expenditures.
Reimbursement/Payment Request (Check Request Form)
A Check Request Form must be completed for reimbursement of budgeted expenses. In addition you must:
- Make sure the request form has been signed by the person submitting the request AND the committee chair or Board Member. This ensures that the committee chair is aware of all expenses submitted for that particular committee.
- Attach appropriate receipts and/or invoices. Highlight or circle items to be reimbursed. Write the name of the person requesting reimbursement on the receipt.
- Submit all reimbursement requests within 30 days of the dated receipt(s). This guideline ensures accurate monthly financial reports for the PTO.
- If payment directly to the vendor is requested, please ensure that the Treasurer receives the invoice at least 14 days prior to the payment due date to avoid late fees.
- Leave requests and attached documentation in the PTO Treasurer’s mailbox in the main office.
Fund Requisition (Non-Budgeted Expenditures)
To request approval of a non-budgeted expenditure, you must complete a Fund Requisition Form and return it to the PTO. Requests will be discussed and voted on at the next PTO meeting. Anyone requesting non-budgeted PTO funds must attend the PTO meeting in which the request is being addressed. Please note that the PTO Executive Board has the authority to deny any reimbursement of non-budgeted expenditures.
Cash Box Request
If you need cash available to make change at an event, please complete a Cash Box Request Form and submit it the PTO Treasurer and PTO President, at least 7 days prior to the event. You will be asked to provide the day and time the cash box will be used, so that it will be available in time for your event.
The cash box should never be unattended. Only volunteers assigned to collect money during an event or fundraiser should have access to the cash box. Overnight or extended storage of money should be kept in the Grace McWayne School safe.
- Record and verify the initial cash balance before collecting new money.
- Track any cash additions/subtractions to the cash box.
- Record the days ending cash and checks. Two people will be required to verify the total.
All attempts will be made by a PTO Board Member to collect excess cash and checks during an event or fundraiser.
- Any money collected for school events or functions should be given to the school office staff that will put it in the school safe. Please accurately label all funds so they are earmarked properly.
- All money collected will be turned over to the PTO Treasurer or President immediately after the event for deposit.
***This procedure has been implemented to protect all those individuals with the handling of PTO money.
NEVER LEAVE THE SCHOOL WITH ANY MONEY!!!