PTO BUDGET 2023-2024
FINANCIAL GUIDELINES 2021-2022
PTO Committee Budget Sheets
It's the committee chair’s responsibility to keep a running total of committee expenditures. You may inquire with the treasurer for the official budget expenditures. Please note that the PTO Executive Board has the authority to deny reimbursement for over-budget expenditures.
Reimbursement/Payment Request (Check Request Form)
The above link will direct you to an electronic form that must be completed for reimbursement of budgeted expenses. The process is as follows:
Check Request Form Instructions:
- Fill out completely with description of reimbursement and breakdown of expenses.
- Attach up to 3 files/pictures/scans of all receipts and supporting documentation.
- A receipt of your submitted request will be e-mailed to you.
- Forward the email to either your Chair or VP for Approval.
- The Approver should forward to the PTO Treasurer at email@example.com stating their approval budget line and the amount.
- The treasurer will email you once your check has been mailed or dropped off in the teacher's mailbox.
- If you have not received an email confirmation after 10 days or have questions, please email our treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, please remember: As a sales tax exempt organization, we cannot reimburse sales tax, so please give all vendors a copy of our sales tax exemption form to avoid being charged sales tax when you make your purchase.
If payment directly to the vendor is requested, please ensure that the Treasurer receives the invoice at least 14 days prior to the payment due date to avoid late fees.
Fund Requisition (Non-Budgeted Expenditures)
To request approval of a non-budgeted expenditure, you must complete a written request to President@gmspto.org and Treasurer@gmspto.org. Requests will be discussed and voted on at the next PTO meeting. Anyone requesting non-budgeted PTO funds must attend the PTO meeting in which the request is being addressed. Please note that the PTO Executive Board has the authority to deny any reimbursement of non-budgeted expenditures.
If you need cash available to make change at an event, please complete a Cash Box Request Form and submit it to Treasurer@gmspto.org and President@gmspto.org, at least 7 days prior to the event. You will be asked to provide the day and time the cash box will be used, so that it will be available in time for your event. The cash box will either be delivered to the event or left in the school safe. Inquire with the principal or school secretary for access.
The cash box should never be unattended. Only volunteers assigned to collect money during an event or fundraiser should have access to the cash box. Overnight or extended storage of money should be kept in the school safe.
In order to provide better cash control, a Cashier Report will be given with every cash box. This form should remain in the cash box. To complete the form you will be asked to:
- Record and verify the initial cash balance before collecting new money.
- Track any cash additions/subtractions to the cash box.
- Record the days ending cash and checks. Two people will be required to verify the total.
All attempts will be made by a PTO Board Member to collect excess cash and checks during an event or fundraiser.
- Any money collected for school events or functions should be given to the school office staff that will put it in the school safe. Please accurately label all funds so they are earmarked properly.
- All money collected will be turned over to the PTO Treasurer or President immediately after the event for deposit.
***This procedure has been implemented to protect all those individuals with the handling of PTO money.
NEVER LEAVE THE SCHOOL WITH ANY MONEY!!!